Saturday, February 7, 2009

:-O

Wow so I had this realisation yesterday as I was lying on the beach at Wai Iti with Alana (and her sibs and Rochelle): OK so firstly - I've always known it was real and I'm going but now I'm really going. Like its tangible, its so close I can touch it, I'm actually going. In a weeks time I'm moving out of home to start the next step of my life and education in a city where I can count the people I know on one hand (easily) and I guess, finally growing up?! Experiencing true financial independence anyway! Its still exciting but now there are tinges of fear and trepidation, like its going to be one big adventure... little old me and my very very big God cruising/co-inhabiting/slowly transforming with His love (if that's His plan) the city of Palmerston North for the next 3 or more years. Which really, shouldn't be too bad at all...

Secondly - of all the cities in NZ, WHY did I choose the one with no beaches! I do
n't even know if they have swimming pools! I'm sure they do but I've never seen one. All my life, as in ALL my life, I've lived within 5 or 10 minutes drive to the beach, tops. I even lived a year on the beachfront in England. Now I'm going to a city where when its hot (mostly in the afternoons) I can't escape to the beach and frolic and swim! Why am I doing this to myself? I guess I'll appreciate the 'Naki even more when I'm back in the summer. And all these beaauuutiful beaches. And I'll have to become more dependant on God to fill the beach sized hole inside me :-) Which can only be a good thing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you believe in miracles?

Jenny said...

Yes, I do.